Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks.....

First of a few Thanksgiving posts for me.........as Thanksgiving has always been one of my most favorite of days ~ as it has always been filled with family, all of my family and friends. A day to celebrate the gift of family and friends, to share in freshly prepared and delicious food. Each family bringing to the table a gift of food, dessert and drink. But more importantly than the food, the gift of fellowship and of love.

I have been truly blessed by my life. I have been surrounded every day of my life with love, compassion, friendship, honor and respect. The greatest gift that has ever been given to me is that of memories.......my family gatherings are filled with many incredible memories....many of just simple fellowship and time spent together, but what a gift, a gift that money could never buy.

Tomorrow we will head to my brothers [missing my Mother dealy] and have a quiet family dinner. Otto is invited to his bestfriends to join with his family a Thanksgiving feast [and an Italian family that will have his favorite antipasta!]. On Saturday we will travel to Mamies and have a huge family gathering with family and friends. This is always a magical gathering and one that I am so looking forward to [with a sadness in my heart, as my Mother loved this 'Saturday' after Thanksgiving as much as I do......actually, I probally love this gathering so much because my Mother loved it so much!]

On Friday, we will create the first of our Christmas season Memory Making, where we will make garlands and feeder ornaments for the evergreen trees outside to decorate for the birds and other wildlife. A way to Christen the Christmas season by giving 'Thanks' for all of God's creatures....and what fun we will have over the next few weeks watching the birds and squirrels feasting on our treat ornaments.

and just a quick share for two book ideas [as gifts or check them out of your local library].......

They are:
WilfredGordon

TheSoundofColor

Emma Sage adores both of these books [as do I] and I know you will read them and sigh at the beautiful messages both books deliver.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

The twins love Mem Fox - thanks for sharing those favourite books - we all love books here and are always on the look out for recommended ones. I am glad that you are enjoying Thanksgiving - I LOVE the idea of sharing some CHristmas cheer with the God's critters! I look forward to some wonderful photoes ...

Jen said...

Thanks for the book ideas. Both of my boys (Eli, 18 mos. and Evan, 5 mos.) love to be read to, and I'm always looking for new books for them. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you, Miss Emma Sage, and the rest of your family!