Friday, October 16, 2009

31 for 21 .....He is Ulysses, not Down syndrome

He is Ulysses, not Down Syndrome by Desiree Lowit.

Submitted by Jennifer on Wed, 03/02/2005 - 6:00am
Posted in POVReal LifeSpring '05


My son was born when I was 22 years old. He was conceived during one freezing winter in Lake Tahoe, CA.

When I discovered I was pregnant, my immediate reaction was that I was too young to have a baby and that I should have an abortion. When I spoke with Ethan, my boyfriend at the time and father-to-be, he did not share my concerns and thought having a baby was a great idea. Looking in a mirror, admiring my new, baby-full appearance, I considered what he said and immediately fell in love with our unborn child.

I got a great job as a waitress. I spent the entire summer eating healthy, taking my vitamins, practicing pre-natal yoga, hiking several miles every day, swimming in the lake, resting, reading and listening to beautiful music.

No comments: