Saturday, April 19, 2008

Infinite Possibilities......

My creation


At birth your children are filled with possibilities.
It is not your job to limit these possibilities.
Do not say, "This and that are possible for you.
These other things are not."

They will discover on their own what is and is not
possible.
It is your job to help them stay open
to the Marvelous Mysteries of Life.

~ The Parent's Tao Te Ching by William Martin


I took this yesterday afternoon before Otto's baseball game. I am so lucky that this little girl is willing to allow her Mother to dress her up and take her to interesting settings to shoot photographs.......she knows that this is her Momma's passion and she is more than willing to assit me in my creating.

I fell in love with many of the shots that I took, but this one had touched me, as she is so little against the background, but she is also very confident in her being.

Infinite Possiblities.......

So today, on Trisomy 21 Online, I saw that the Governor of Alaska welcomed a new baby into her family.....a precious little boy named Trig Paxson Van Palin.

Here is a link to the story: Gov. Sarah Palin gave birth to her fifth child at 6:30 a.m.

and looking upon the picture of sweet Trig, I caught a glimpse of the magic of my Emma Sage.....and I was also so very touched by his parents announcement of his birth:

"Trig is beautiful and already adored by us. We knew through early testing he would face special challenges, and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives. We have faith that every baby is created for good purpose and has potential to make this world a better place. We are truly blessed."

What a blessed child he is to be welcomed into the hearts of his family unconditionally and with great joy!!!!!

and it got me thinking about this image of Emma Sage on the shore of the resovior and the quoted text about Infinite Possiblities.....

Trig has infinite possibilities.....as does every one of our children, and as parents and as a society, we need to realize that our children need to reach for those dreams, to be given the opportunity to try and be supported along the way and embraced for the unique people they are.

We are all filled with infinite possiblities........and that is such a glorious thing!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh that picture is pure magic!!!

~Allie

Unknown said...

I loved this post! And that picture of Emma Sage is priceless.

CJ Field said...

Your photographic skills never fail to amaze me! Absolutely gorgeous!!

Kari said...

I am in awe of your sweet girl once again and how well you capture her on film.
I was very happy to see a comment from you TM it's been a while and I have missed you. :)

Traci said...

TM that picture is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Traci

Kacey Bode said...

What a beautiful picture, how true, infinite possibilities!! I have been keeping up with the story from Alaska as I am from there. Sounds like the baby was born into a great family!