Monday, July 24, 2006

My Greatest Blessing In Life...is becoming a Mother

The Birth
At 6:29am she was born.
Of course she was helpless
and frail
to the path before her, but she was also
determined and
glowing with a newfound warmth.
Her body surged with
changes that shook the
foundation of
self image she may have known.
Cries arose with a welcoming echo
where before
there were many moons of silent growth.
Safe in the newness of
shared body warmth,
she looked for the first time at the
life so attached to her own.
Relief,
joy, and
utter love
swept over her as the
soothing milk
worked relentlessly at arrival to hungry lips.
She needed not a name,
for that was something she had been granted
long ago,
during another birth
where she was the one
joining the world as an infant,
but not today.
At 6:29am a mother was born.
By Laura Schmitt

Seventeen Years ago today, at 1:16pm, I was given the greatest blessing in my life.....At that moment I became a Mother. Seventeen years ago today at 1:16pm, my sweet Katrina Leigh entered into our world and christened me into Motherhood. A Gift that I have been blessed to have received four times and a position in life, that defines who I am....I am a Mother.
Katrina Leigh,,,,,who is away today vacationing in Maine with family friends is spending this special day away from home,,,,but, while it may seem sad, it actually is glorious because I have done my job well.....my oldest daughter has her wings spread wide and is flying.

I don't have a scanner, but here are a few pictures from her scrapbook that I just wanted to share. I so wish we had the technology for digital photographs 17 years ago, because many of my pictures of my first precious baby are on Poloroid film that darkens as the years go by, and I was not able to afford film and developing on large scale back then.....but these images are very precious to me....because it reminds me how innocent we both were back then.....both learning as we went forward through life as
Mother and Daughter.

Happy 17th Birthday!!!
image27
Our first picture together.....

image30
My sweet little girl,,,it amazes me how much you and Emma Sage look alike. She adores you 'Nini'...all day she has been walking around singing 'Happy Birthday Nini'
image32
Your First Birthday with Nana holding you.
treeens bday2

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute Ma, very cute! I used to be such a adorable baby, oh what happend? hahahah! But ne ways, I LOVE YOU, and miss you!!

kissssessss!<3333

Anonymous said...

Oh where did that 17 yrs go!!!
Happy Birthday, Katrina!!!!
You were very cute then, but you have really blossomed into a beautiful girl!!!
Seeing you at our family 4th of July picnic, I was really amazed at how much you've grown into such a pretty young woman!
Have a great birthday!!!
love, linda and tom

The Mom said...

Happy Birthday Katrina - hope you had a wonderful day!!! What cute cute pics of you as a baby and little girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh happy birthday Katrina!!! What an amazing girl you are---and so beautiful.

I hope that you enjoyed your special day.

Michelle said...

Happy birthday!

Marcie said...

Happy Birthday, Katrina!