Saturday, June 24, 2006

D is for Down syndrome

This amazing video montage was made by Renee, mommy to three beautiful children, the youngest, Kennedy, was blessed with Down syndrome [and that is how I met her online]. My friend @alwaysChaos, first posted this video on her blog [which is truly the greatest resource for all things relating to T21,,,,she finds the most incredible stories, websites, blogs and information regarding T21 and shares them with the world on her blog]


Create your own video at One True Media



I hope you take the time to play this video.....it has totally captured my heart and soul, and I hope many, many people [young and old] get the opportunity to read the ABCs of Down syndrome and carry forth with them the message of the photograph montage that we are part of this amazing world.....those of us with 46 chromosomes and those of us with 47.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this video, truly love it. Renee is wonderful for many reasons, but of course this montage adds to her list of amazing things.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Tara Marie,
Thanks so much for including this in your blog!! It means a lot! :)
Renee

Unknown said...

I agree @always,,,,,One of the most incredible blessing of T21 in my life is the people I have meet along this journey, and you and Renee are two of those incredible blessings.

I think this is one of the most beautiful and powerful message on 'What is Down syndrome'.....I so wish it could be played in every school and every doctors office in America and around the world......though the text and messages, ABCs of Down syndrome, and the unique, diverse and absolutely beautiful images of people with Down syndrome it leaves a powerful impact on the heart and soul.......and busts many myths and stereotypes at the same time.

@Renee....you are more than welcome. I am so honored you used the photographs I sent you and I am so thankful that you used your talents to create such a beautiful and powerful montage.

I am going to order the CD as I want to share it with everyone I know.

Peace and love, TM