Saturday, June 24, 2006

Come take a look

As those of you who know me, or follow my blog, you know I have a passion for photography. It has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember.

My first inklings of my love of photographs were when I was a little girl and my Uncle Johnny had a camera and seperate flash [that he had to hold up high when it ignited] and he would take the most amazing black&white photographs of my brother Kenny and I.

Then I fell madly in love with National Geograph Magazine and could sit for hours and hours looking at all the amazing photographs.

I got my first camera [a little 110] when I was about 8 or 9, and would take lots of pictures [although we never seemed to get all the film to the photostore to be developed].

Then I had a Polaroid that would spit the pictures out at you, and during high school we had fun capturing our teenage years with that.

When I took photography class in high school as a sophmore, I was captured 'Hook-line-and-sinker' into the realm of photography and darkrooms.

My high school graduation present from my first love was a Canon AE1........and that is still one of the cameras I use today. That camera caught most of my life on film......for a while I had my own darkroom, but of late, I send it out and have it captured on CD so I can play 'virtual darkroom' on the computer [although I only have a free program called Picasa, someday I will be able to purchase PS and then really play 'virtual' darkroom].

Now I have a SonyCybershot [that I got for my 40th Birthday...how in the heck did I turn 40 and how in the heck was it two and a half years ago?] and I am saving my pennies for a good Digital SLR....

Still, given the fact that my tools are not the 'bestest' I have been able to create some works of art that I am so very proud of.

Here is a link to a blog from a group that I belong to on Flickr.com [they are an amazing group of people from around the world that capture on film 'The World Through My Eyes'....

If you scroll down through the blog, you will see two of my entries that have been award top honors.

Oh, and if you are wondering about my alias 'AnnikaLeigh', that is my computer screen name that I started using when I first ventured into the world of the Internet back in 1996..........the name is a reminder of a baby I miscarried........so even though sweet, 'AnnikaLeigh' did not make it into our world alive,,,she lives on in our hearts forever, as my alias.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story, and you are truly amazing with the camera...of course it does help that you have the most amazing subjects to photograph!

Thank you for the story behind AnnikaLeigh, I did always wonder how that came about. I know all to well the difficult of losing a child.

Keep on taking those photos!