Sunday, April 23, 2006

Plastic Surgery & Down syndrome...

A dear online friend of mine [and soon to be IRL friend this summer] wrote an amazing piece on Plastic Surgery & Down syndrome. Her words spoke my heart and I wanted to share it with those of you who visit and might be interested in reading her post. Just click on this link

All 4 My Gals: Plastic Surgery & Down syndrome...

My older two [as typcial teens do] watch from time to time the TV shows that feature Plastic Surgery. We openly discuss the shows, from ones for low self-esteem and vanity reasons, to the shows where they repair cleft-lips and other physical defects that interfear with a persons ability to do everyday tasks, such as eat, breathe..etc.

We believe that medical technology in that realm is a blessing. My husband had multiple plastic surgery's to correct cleft issues and being attacked by a dog at a very young age that scarred his face greatly.

No comments: