Friday, February 17, 2006

March 21, 2006 World Down syndrome Day


wdsd_logo_550
Originally uploaded by annikaleigh.
How cleaver [I love it]....March 21st is earmarked as 'World Down syndrome Day'.....if you don't get the significance of the date, the numerical number of March 21st, is 3/21 or Trisomy 21,,,,,ie. what Down syndrome actually is ~ Trisomy 21, which means that those people blessed with 'Down syndrome' have 3 chromosomes on their 21st pair.

So mark your calendar and on 3/21 talk to those around you about how Trisomy 21 has touched your life....as that to me is the greatest way to celebrate and dispell the myths....of people sharing what it truly means to know, love, care for, teach, a person who is blessed with T21.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How strange... that's Emma Grace's birthday. Never thought of the date in that way. Hmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tara Marie, I just got goosebumps reading this. March 21 is the anniversary of my brother's death (18 years ago this year). What a significant date in so many ways.

I miss you, my friend, and hope to write you a snail mail letter soon, complete with pictures of my Emma Fern. We are well, just busy.

Much love to you and your beautiful family.

Unknown said...

What a neat day for her Birthday....Hopefully we can get together close to her date so Emma Sage can sign 'Happy Birthday' to her friend. I got your e-mail and lets set a date!

Amy,,,I miss you and Miss Emma Fern, but fully understand the [busy] part as that is why I had to cut my online time to only 15 minutes a day.

I will reflect on your brother's anniversary on the 21st. Much love to you and your precious family......I so wish you were still on the east coast to visit. You know if we are ever out west will will hook up with you.