Thursday, October 08, 2009

31 for 21

Football Legend Would Pick His Down Syndrome Son Over ‘Normal’ Child
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
By Penny Starr, Senior Staff Writer


Coach Gene Stallings and his son Johnny – Legendary football coach Gene Stallings made history as the youngest college coach at the helm of his alma mater, Texas A&M, and a perfect 12-0 season during his reign at the University of Alabama. But he says raising his son Johnny was his greatest reward.

“My life wouldn’t have been nearly as rich without Johnny, no question about it,” Stallings told CNSNews.com of his son, who was born with Down syndrome in 1962.

Johnny outlived his doctors’ prediction that he wouldn’t live past the age of two because of heart problems, and when he died at 46 on Aug. 2, the accolades poured in.

Click here to read the rest of the story.........

I agree with Coach Stallings.......while my life has been an amazing journey, and all of my children are the jewels of my life, I know that Emma Sage has added a facet, a sparkle that radiates in all of our hearts and I know I am a richer Mother, Woman and Human Being because of her.

No comments: