Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sharing a beautiful gift.......

My children will be the first to tell you that I am the biggest sap in the whole world. I cry at commercials. Songs can move me to tears and laughter. I can only watch love stories or comedy's as anything else can profoundly move me, from sadness, to fear, to uncertainty, so very easily [and I feel my emotions with my entire being] so I just avoid movies and shows that are not, romance or comedy [two emotions that I embrace fully and easily]

Reading is my greatest passion and with reading, I can read more powerful stories, as I have the ability to pause and regroup much easier than in a film or musical score.

So, one of my most favorite things to read is true life stories, of love, of hope, of dreams come true.

The best place to read such stories is at my favorite ministry called Reece's Rainbow, as it is an international adoption resource for children with Down syndrome to be adopted. Sadly, in many countries outside of the U.S., children with Down syndrome that are not adopted by a certain age are destine to be institutionalized for life.

If you want to be empowered, to see the Grace of GOD at work, scroll through this page at Reece's Rainbow, as it is the photographs and stories [links to blogs] of families who have reached out and adopted a child with Down syndrome from around the globe.

and then if you will, click on one of the links to the children who are awaiting a forever family and if you are able, make a donation [however large or small] to help ease the cost of adoption, so that the dreams and hopes of a waiting child and their forever families may come true]

I promise you, it is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

Reece's Rainbow

No comments: