Wednesday, June 17, 2009


My newest graduate!!!!
"I hope your dreams take you to the corners of your smiles,
to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities,
and to the most special places your heart has ever known." ~Author Unknown

Last night, our Greta donned a mortarboard and gown and walked with her classmates as graduates of Voorhees High School, class of 2009. She graduated with honors, and wore the black/red/gold cord for National German Honor Society and the golden cord of National Honor Society.........a golden ribbon was pinned on each students gown in memory of their classmate Tucker, who left their sides way too soon on this journey.

Gretasgraduation 051

Rick graduated from the same school in 1977 and I in 1981.......as well as her Aunt Heidi 1979, Uncle Kenny 1982, Uncle Mikey in 1989, Aunt Patti in 1991 and her big sister Katrina in 2007...........it was a cloudy evening and quite chilly,,,,,,but the sun began to shine upon the graduates halfway into the ceremony and I was looking for a rainbow to appear.

My Greta
I had tears of joy.......and a few of sadness, as this moment in time has begun to hit me hard.....harder than I had thought. I think that the realization that my Greta is now off on her life journey [like her sister Katrina] and the reality that there will be greater periods of time before I get to see her, has tugged hard on this Momma's heartstrings.

Gretasgraduation 303
Emma Sage was the first to let the tears fall.......as she fully understands that Greta is leaving soon, just like Katrina did and she is not all that happy about it.

What a great class of kids this group was.....they headed to Project Graduation and partied the night away. When Greta returned this morning at 6:30 a.m. she gave me a big hug and the greatest smile and said she had the 'Time of Her Life'..........

This is just the beginning my dearest Greta.....Make each day the 'time of your life' and celebrate all the little things ~ as they truly are the treasures of life.

I love you.............

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats to you Greta!!!

Anonymous said...

What a milestone- hugs for you and Emma Sage! I can only imagine- at this point in my life I'd like to live with my daughter forever! She is a beautiful and vibrant girl who has a lot of great things to add to the world!

Kim Ayres said...

Congratulations Greta!

Bernadette said...

Congratulations Dear Greta. Your parents must be so proud of you.
Reach for the stars Love Bernadette

Greta Elizabeth said...

I love you mommy. <3

~Greta

Linda Devlin said...

You go girl!!!
Congratulations, Greta!
Love, Aunt Linda & Uncle Tom

Corey and Steve said...

Congratulations Greta!
As a mom, I now know how bittersweet this accomplishment is.
Beautiful photos of a beautiful graduate, Tara!

CJ Field said...

Wow, they grow up so fast. I can't imagine how proud you are of her. She is an amazing young woman...partly thanks to her mom!!