Sunday, April 12, 2009

Epiphany......

Lately, I have been struggling a bit. It is very unlike me to waver in my faith or my resolve to always stay positive. It has not been a difficult waver, just a knowing in my heart and soul that I have lost my way a bit.

So this morning, as I stood in the cool morning air, listening to the Easter Sunrise service [thinking to myself that I should have not packed away the winter gloves and hats so early] I closed my eyes and allowed my heart, soul and mind to open and listen.

and then I found it.........a beautiful epiphany.

As these words were being spoken, and the pastor [I was at my mother-in-laws church this morning] spoke of GOD not always being in the same place, in the same pew, week after week, but that GOD was ahead of us, leading the way......that our service, our duty, our living, our faith was constant, ever flowing, not just on Sunday, not just in our church, but in the very being of the universe.

These were the words I needed to hear:

"And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you" ~Matthew 28:7

and I as my heart, mind and soul embraced these words, the sun began to shine.....brightly on my head. I was at the exact angle needed ~ so that when the sunrise finally peeked over the mountain [this is the same exact location that I look towards every morning when I watch the sunrise...only a mile up the road from me] I was bathed in glorious sunshine.

Clearly an epiphany for me.

So, this subtle waver....that keeps trying to creep over me these last few months was vanquished ~ and I am beginning to see clearer.

GOD is good................and we are so blessed on this Easter day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not always in the finding or having, sometimes it's all about the seeking. Happy Easter Tara! Funny, just this morning I was wondering where you've been?

ntmjbmom said...

You and I have been in similar places..
so glad for the warmth of the sunshine of Spirit.

Hugs,
Amy

Maureen Lee said...

Thank you for reminding us that even when we're not exactly on the mountaintop, He is with us - and therefore all is well.

Happy Easter,
Maureen.

Anonymous said...

I cried as I read your post and Yes, Tara - GOD is good and it's through His blood that we have been saved. He does go before us and upholds us. I love the poem "Footprints". When we wonder and look and see only one set of prints, it's His prints cuz He's carrying us.
Love you,
Aunt Jan

Miss Magic said...

Love you!