Saturday, October 04, 2008

Let's change the focus of Down syndrome

Op-Eds are one of my most favorite reads in a newspaper or magazine.

Why? Because I love to read, and I love to read other people's opinions on topics that are important to them, to others, to myself. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I disagree, other times I get fired-up....enough so, that it makes me want to change: my way of thinking, my actions.

I also see Op-Eds as a window into the soul, because most Op-Ed pieces are written from the heart and soul. Here is one such piece:

David M. Perry: Let's change our focus regarding Down syndrome

The constructive debate isn't about bringing such children into the world, but about helping them, and their parents, make their way in the world.
By DAVID M. PERRY

I love seeing Trig Palin's beautiful face on my television. He brings sweetness to an otherwise harsh political season. As a father of a boy with Down syndrome, I hoped that Trig's sudden appearance in the national limelight might bring hope both to families like mine and especially to those just learning that their future child has Down syndrome. But it hasn't turned out that way............

Click the above link to read the rest of this piece......

2 comments:

~KC: said...

What a powerful Op-Eds!!!, love these articles too Tara. Thank you for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Great article.
...yes, I love to see Trig's cute little face on my TV!