Friday, July 18, 2008

Sisters by chance.....

Sister's by chance
Lisa, Jan, Me, Nicole and Laura [Emma Sage's furture Mother-in-Law!]
This was taken in Boston at the NDSC annual convention.

These woman are some of my dearest friends.....and we met because of the blessing of Down syndrome in our life, and the incredible paradigm of the Internet.

All of these woman I met online before Emma Sage was even born. Nicole I met when I was 13 weeks pregnant with Emma Sage and we had our first soft marker for T21. I had asked a question on a pregnancy forum at ParentsPlace about 'Nuchual Translucency' and she provided answers and a warm welcome to come visit the Down syndrome parenting board there to meet the other parents and their children.

I lurked and visited often, as I knew in my heart of hearts that the little one I was carrying [our precious Emma Sage] would indeed be born with a little extra. [birth story click here].

I watched as Jan introduced herself and her little boy Nash and when the time came, I was on that board posting the joyful news that our little girl made it safely into our world [born unexpectely at home] and blessed with an extra chromosome. These were the woman [and a bunch more that were not in Boston, but always in my heart] that welcomed our little girl with such joy and warmth!!!

So here we are, Sisters by chance............

7 comments:

www.5minutesforspecialneeds.com said...

Okay, how I so wish I could have been there. I'm so thrilled that you were able to.

The url to the new blog is:

www.5minutesforspecialneeds.com

There is the code for a button/link up on Parker's site.

I'm hoping that you may want to write a homeschooling article or two for us.

Hugs!

Unknown said...

I wish I could have been there with you all too! At least I think you count me among your "Sisters by Chance"???? LOL

You all look beautiful!

Unknown said...

Tammy and Rhonda....you are both 'sisters by chance' and I love you both so dearly.

Tammy, I will pop on over to the site and Rhonda, I'm so blessed to have had the chance to meet you irl and I so wished it could have been again in Boston.

Anonymous said...

Tara You look fantastic your weight lose looks great on you and your hair is stunning. I love you. Burney

Christina said...

That's just awesome. Isn't it amazing that people can look at DS and see so much negative yet not take the time to see all the positive things that we get too?

Jill said...

It was worth the wait. I have been checking in on posts from the congress and your pics were great. We are looking into going next year since we hope to have our adopted DS child by then. Thanks for the fun info.

Laura said...

Love you too Sister!
We had so much fun with you guys...can't wait to hang out again.