Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Yesterday......

Yesterday, was a very difficult day. The pain and sorrow of the loss of my own beloved Mother resurfaced at the passing of her sister Betty.

Emma Sage and I went to visit Nana at the graveyard [we do this often] and brought flowers to plant in Betty's memory and picutres to share with Nana......

Many people do not like graveyards, we on the other hand, find great peace and comfort in this one.

It is a perfect spot for my Mother to have been laid to rest as it is so peaceful and beautiful. You hear birds singing all the time and a few times a day you hear the laughter of children playing, as there is a nursery school [Happy Face Nursery School...where three of my children attended] at the church adjecent to the graveyard.

I took these there yesterday....



In these pictures, Betty [who looked so much like my Mother] is holding baby Gabriel, who was born just after my Mother passed [My dear Mother was so worried about that little boy making his way into our world] and it was such a blessing to have her with my sister and our families during this time. The other picture in the background is her hugging my brother Michael at my Mothers grave.



Little Miss Emma Sage praying....this child pray's often and always blesses herself when she passes a church.



This broke my heart, as Emma Sage stopped to cry.



and the view towards the back of my Mothers grave......just the most beautiful and perfect spot [and a mile up the road from our house so we can walk to visit often]

Mom, I miss you so very much.

Aunt Betty,,,,,my heart is so heavy at your passing but I know you are at peace and with my Mom.

5 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

((hugs))

akakarma said...

My condolences...

Anonymous said...

My heart is with you I love you
Bernadette

Amy Flege said...

Hugs to you at such a difficult time!

Christina said...

Condolences on your aunt's passing. Emma is so sweet how she prays and her emotion.