Saturday, May 24, 2008

At Home with Down syndrome......

There is a wonderful article that appears in the Spring 2008 issue of The New Atlantis titled At Home with Down syndrome by:
Caitrin Nicol is assistant editor of The New Atlantis.

She can be reached at caitrin.nicol@thenewatlantis.com.


The article references Gifts and my friend, Jennifer Graf Groneberg’s Road Map to Holland, as well as reference to the Italian Renaissance painter Andrea Mantegna painting, The Christ Child.....as well as Emily Pearl Kingsly's poem, the book Count Us In and Common Threads [plus others]

I highly recommend all to read this article.............and I thank each of you for being part of Emma Sage's life.

By celebrating her day to day life, here on her blog, it is my own little way of sharing with the world the Normalcy of Difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for helping spread the word about Caitrin's excellent essay, and about my book!

I love stopping by your blog, always. Your "normal" is simply extaordinary, in all the best sense of the word.

xo