Sunday, July 15, 2007

Generations.......

We we blessed to be able to visit with cousins a little bit ago. My cousin Chuck and his family traveled home from Oregon to visit with his parents and we were all able to gather at my sister's house for a family picnic. What fun. Sadly, Chuck's wife, Royal and his son, Nick were not able to join us, as Nick came down with a fever in the morning. I was so sad, as I do not get to visit with them often......as there are way too many miles between us all now.

I was able to take this photograph of Mamie [I did not get many pictures that day, as my camera battery was low and my flash was not cooperating].....but I think this image is priceless.

This is Mamie and the newest member of our family....Miss Sadie Philomena.

I just love the contrast of the years in Mamies hands......and the pink newness of Sadies little feet!

It made me think of this poem by William Blake.....as I see eternity being held in the palm of Mamies hand.....her legacy, her family. Life is truly a Blessing.

Auguries of Innocence

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
~William Blake (1709-1784)

DSC09696

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful contrast!!!
Tara ~
I love that you always see what is obviously there, but I miss it, unless it is pointed out!!!
You must have the eye!!!

Anonymous said...

Every time you put in a picture of Mamie I cry when I read it to her and show her the pictures. Thanks for showing us what life is about. I too, was sad that Royale and Nick couldn't be there. She was sooo looking forward to being there.
lyl aunt jan