Saturday, February 17, 2007

My creation

"Why did you do all this for me?" he asked. "I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you." "You have been my friend," replied Charlotte. "That in itself is a tremendous thing.
~ Charlotte's Web by E. B. White ~
Emma Sage had a playdate with her friend Devany today. What fun. She has been talking non-stop about Devany since the girls have gotten together a few times over the past few weeks. It is so wonderful to see their friendship blossoming.
We visited Devany at her house and the girls decorated Valentine's Day cookies [they were yummy] and got to play together, and really did great at sharing and taking turns [a difficult thing when you have two young ladies that can be very strong willed.] Emma Sage was very funny at the end and was pretending that she was Devany, and was going to stay at their house and I could take Emma Sage [the real Devany] home with me. Emma Sage still takes daily naps, so on days when she doesn't get a nap, sometimes her transitioning is hard. We had to 'wait a minute' in the car before she was ready to sit down and let me buckle her in. But at times like that I always remember what my Mother would say to me
"Patience is a Virtue"
I guess I'm quite Virtuous, as my little girl has taught me a great deal about patience!
We so look forward till the next time we can play [as watching this friendship blossom just makes my heart soar!]
Thank you Devany [and your Mom and Dad too] for a wonderful day.

No comments: