Sunday, November 26, 2006

DSC00144

In the Heavens above,
The angels whispering
to one another,
Can find, among their burning
terms of love,
None so devotional as that
of "Mother."
~Edgar Allen Poe
It has been two months from today, that my dear, sweet Mother passed away. There are no words to adaquetly describe the feelings and emotions I have felt over these last two months. Sadness is so real. Little things [so many little things in my life] remind me of my Mom. She was such a huge part of all of our lives. There were only a few times in my life that I did not talk to my Mother during the day....and most times I saw her a few times a week, if not daily. I go to pick up the phone a few times a day, only to realize I can't call her anymore.
Well, actually, Greta gave me a gift a few weeks ago, when she realized that I so wanted to talk to my Mother and share our day with, by calling Mom's, cellphone and letting me hear my Mothers voice on her voicemail.....and a recording that records messages, so I could leave my Mom a message, even though I know that recording will not be answered.
But as much sadness I have felt, there has also been tremendous joy.....because my Mother was such a loving, caring and giving person, her memories bring so much joy to my days. I look at my own children with such pride. They are a reflection of me and I am a reflection of my Mother.
Mom, I miss you dearly.

3 comments:

All 4 My Gals said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry for your loss, and pray that my daughters and I will be as close as you were to her when they are grown. Love you!

Michelle said...

Oh Tara Marie, this photo just took my breath away! (along with your sentiments about missing your mom; I'm sorry you're still hurting so much!)

Where were you taking this photo from to be so high above Emma looking down?

Would you like to come over one day and take some photos of Kayla for me?! :)

Kari said...

Hi Tara Marie. I am so sorry you are missing your Mom so. I am very close with my Mom and call her every morning and cannot imagine what it would be like to not be able to do so. You are in my thoughts often. Thank you so much for leaving me little notes on my blog it made me smile to know you were thinking of us, :) Many hugs

.