Thursday, July 20, 2006

A Tribute to J.D. Salinger

The Catcher in the Rye
A tribute to J.D. Salinger's , The Catcher in the Rye, which was published on July 16, 1951.


"What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff~ I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all.": Holden in chapter 22.

DSC05408
"And Emma Sage seems to have caught someone/something!"

3 comments:

Betsy said...

This is very creepy - I was helping my bosses move today, and amid a ton of office stuff was a copy of Catcher in The Rye.

There really wasn't a reason for it to be there - there were no other books around, etc...no one knew how it ended up there.

Too weird!

Michelle said...

Wonderful pictures!

Teri said...

Totally gorgeous!