Sunday, July 16, 2006

Life has been swirling, twirling....

The Road Less Traveled

"To expect the unexpected shows a thoroughly modern intellect." ~Oscar Wilde

and moving swiftly along. I am still catching my breathe from the wedding last weekend and many unexpected events have been happening, that have made life so much more busier....but oh, so much more fun!

First, we had a surprise party for Greta's 15th Birthday on Friday...so the preparations for that kept this Momma hoping.....and then a magical phone call on Friday evening from my friend Laura [whom I met on my Trisomy21Online community....actually we met online when I was pregnant with Emma Sage at ParentsPlace.] called to say that they were traveling to Indiana and had car trouble and that she was in the State of New Jersey....and guess where I live! So we decided to call each other in the morning an see if we could figure out a way to get together. The car was checked by a mechanic and they thought they might beable to make the trip to our house and so we had a weekend party here...picnicing, playing, celebrating the magic of T21.....and yes, drinking some wine!

The children all got along so well and when it was finally time to say good-bye on Sunday, there were many tears [especially by me, as Laura and her hubby, Mark were like long lost friends and we had just be most incredible visit].

Now the next unexpected event...I'm leaving on a jet-plane,,,,,don't know when I'll be back home again [actually I do....just thought I'd sing the song...lol!] ...with Rick for his work and I'm getting to meet up with some other online friends who also share the magic of T21 in their lives.....

How absolutely incredible....what an amazing gift life truly is.

So when I return,,,,be prepared...to see many photographs, from last weeks wedding, to surprise parties, weekend visitors,,,,and plane trip and get-to-gether and just moments of life.

oh, and if you have noticed....the blog fairie was busy working her magic on my blog....I just love the new colors and sidebars.....and want to say "Thank you, thank you, thank you"

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh - how very fun! Hope you have a wonderful time!
I LOVE looking at your magical photos!!! The one with the kitty below is just so very sweet too!

The Mom said...

Gone are summers of leisure :) Sounds like you've been having a great time though! Can't wait to see pictures - and I really really can't wait to meet up on Tuesday - whooooooo hooooooooo!!!!!

Betsy said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip! There's nothing better in the summertime than a bottle of cold wine, good friends, and happy kids...and oh yeah, fresh strawberries ;)

We don't take the time we should to just enjoy life sometimes -- we schedule ourselves out, and stress about goofy things like housecleaning - what a great surprise you had for the weekend!

Jessica said...

I always have that song in my head when I fly... I sing it to myself when the plane is taking off, it helps to keep my mind occupied from being nervous :) Anyways, have a good trip, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures when you return!!

Anonymous said...

TM- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the most wonderful weekend we've had in a long time.
Hanging out with you and your amazing family was pure joy. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us! I also can't wait to see your pictures, I know they will reflect the happiness we shared over the past 2 days. Have an amazing trip.

Shelley said...

So glad that life is so good for you at the moment. It is great when you get to spend time with people who are kindred spirits. I remember an old friends mum - who has a son with schizophrenia - said that the women I would make friends with though T21 networks would be among the best friendships I would have in life. And she was right. Enjoy that trip.

Naomi said...

Love the new look and what an amazing photo, you really captured the moment.