Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Aunt Franny.........

Today I head out to the funeral of my beloved Aunt Franny. I have not been writing much or sharing much this week on Emma Sage's blog because of so many emotions and just so many activities going on at one time that there truly is no time to just sit and share [but don't you all worry, I've been taking pictures as we go and writing in my written journal to share sometime in the future].

My Aunt Franny was an amazing woman.....as she embraced her life and lived it to the fullest....and she always had a smile on her face, a song in her heart and ALWAYS had a positive and supportive thing to say to others. She truly was a magical woman and she made me feel like I was the greatest gift in the world. That was her gift....to celebrate and cherish others and to give many thanks for our day-to-day blessings.

I saw my Aunt three weeks ago, before her cancer turned for the worse ~ and then on to a time of trying to comfort, keep the pain at bay and gently let her return to the heavens.

We laughed, we talked and little Miss Emma Sage just brightened up the whole room and I know Aunt Franny was delighting in the gift of my littlest daughter.

As we hugged to leave she whispered in my ear 'You are a special woman....a special mother...you are a gift that I have always cherished'

I love you Aunt Franny, and you will be forever missed.

~~~~~~~

My Aunt Franny had six sons. One tragically died when we were teenagers. They are now scattered around the country and I so miss the times we all got to see each other. Today I will see my cousins and I so wish it was like the happy times of our family picnics and Grandma and Grandpa Hagoods.

So...you think your special..... is a post from Bits of Betsy. I read it this morning and during my reflecting on Aunt Franny I realized that my Aunt Franny was special.....so very, very special, because she loved and cherished every blessing around her. She cherished her own six blessings and every single child that she ever came in contact with. If you can, take the time to read the above post, as it is one that truly touched me.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to read of the passing of your dear Aunt Franny...thanks for sharing a piece of her with us - she sounds like she was a wise, wonderful person who will be dearly missed. Thinking of you today and saying a prayer of peace and comfort for your entire family during this time of loss.

Anonymous said...

Tara Marie, my deepest sympathies to you and your family as you mourn the loss of Aunt Franny. She was obviously an amazing woman! ((HUGS)) to you and Emma Sage!
- Annette
P.S. on a different note, I love the video of Emma!!

Kari said...

I'm so very sorry to hear of the passing of your Aunt Franny. She sounds like a wonderful person. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers during this time of loss.
Hugs