Monday, February 27, 2006

In Loving Memory


In Loving Memory
Originally uploaded by annikaleigh.
I'm not sure where to even begin with the description for this picture. I took this set of photographs on Sunday afternoon,,,the light was magical and for some strange reason I was called to do Angel pictures.....and on Sunday evening a friend [and online friend], another mother of a precious little girl with Trisomy21 passed away. She was in the beginning stages of treatment for cancer and had a stroke. I'm in shock.....as I look at this photograph, I realize now that this calling to do these photographs had a purpose for me....to realize the fragility of life...to recognize the beauty of children and the magical bond of friendship. With a Heavy Heart I dedicate this picture to Anne.

No comments: