Wednesday, January 04, 2006


One tired little girl......Little Miss fell fast asleep at the dinner table this evening. {You can still see the spaghetti sauce on her face}. I am finding that my 15 minutes only of computer time to be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Last night I sat in bed and started my book for my book club called 'An Artist's Way; A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity' and wrote 6 letters that got put in the mail today. I feel like I've abandoned some of the most important people in my life by leaving the public domain of the Internet...but at the same time, I've opened myself up to 'the most important' people in my life, my children and husband. Yesterday I got so many projects done. I know in time, it will get easier and easier to not want to run to the computer to 'read' what everyone is up too....and I know I'm going to miss so many incredible milestones and moments in many beautiful children's lives [I'm hoping their Mommy's will send me letters telling me all these wonderful things], but after 10 years of being 'online' I really need to take this time to 'unplug' and get back to the simple, slow things in life.
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter have commented that my online activity has increased. I feel compelled to read all of my favorite blogs each day as well. This is really time consuming and I can certainly understand your need to get back to a simplier life.

I will miss my daily fix of the adventures of ES but I completely understand your need to not spend as much time online.

I hope you will manage an occasional post or two :)

Anonymous said...

opps! That was supposed to read "daughters" plural. How reliant on spell check am I? Lol!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Tara Marie, we will miss you but I totally understand! It's tough to find a balance when there are only 24 hours in the day! I love what you did though in 15 minutes!!
Annette and Ryan

Anonymous said...

Tara Marie - you just take the most beautiful photos :) I can just feel ES's joy in them :) I will miss you dearly, but totally understand. I know my kids have said on more than one occasion that I spend too much time online, and it is my New Years Resolution to cut down and try and only be online when they aren't home - so I can devote my full attention to them. You are missed! We love you!
Christie and Brady