Tuesday, September 06, 2005

smiles


smiles
Originally uploaded by ratterrell.
Since Hurrican Katrina crashed her way into our lives, I have been searching for pictures and stories, moved by the amazing heroics and compassion of people. I know the mainstream news seems to focus on the negatives and finger pointing.

"It is only imperfection that complains of what is imperfect. The more perfect we are, the more gentle and quiet we become towards the defects of others."~Joseph Addison

I found this picture and story on www.flickr.com.

As I look at the faces of these children I am completely moved and reminded that life is truly a miracle and how blessed we are by each single day.

Today I count my blessings. I am so very thankful, for the simplest of things [the smile on a childs face] and the pure goodness of mankind.

Life is good.

No comments: