Monday, August 29, 2005

Rest in Peace, young man, Rest in Peace

There are times when life just does not make sense.

There are things in this world that are so tragic and so real.....that I find that when I focus on them, it saddens me to the core.

A young man named Sean Maher died this past weekend. He was missing since Friday and a huge search went out to find him. He was 21 and like Emma Sage was born with Trisomy 21.

While I did not know Sean, from the accounts of his life, he lived a life that any of us would be blessed to live. He was truly an inspiration, living independently, following his dreams and interests and surrounded by family and friends who loved and adored him.

"Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die."~Amelia Burr

Tonight, I hold my children close to my heart, knowing that life is to be lived and what a blessing it is that they are here with me. But my heart is heavy for Sean's family at the tragic loss of their beloved Sean.

Rest in Peace, young man, Rest in Peace.

2 comments:

BStrong said...

Very sad. His family are in our prayers.

Belovedlife said...

How terrible, or prayers and hearts go out to his family and friends