Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Precious Present.........

"If there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life." ~Albert Camus

This little girl lives her life in a grand way.............she loves her life, no pretenses, no wanting it to be any other way than exactly the way it/she is.

My hope is that by being around this little girl, I too will come to always realize that this is 'The Precious Present'.

The precious present of August 8, 2005 was truly a magical day. While there were some little inconveniences [my windshield wipers decided to stop working in the middle of a torrential rainstorm on the way to pick up Rick and Otto from the car dealership]............but as fate would have it, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I got to share a moment of time with a very gentle and interesting soul.

My sister-in-law Janet came to the rescue and went to pick-up Rick and Otto. This gave Rick the opportunity to go back to his parents and hangout with his brother and sister-in-law and niece and nephew for the afternoon. That was a precious present that was presented to them because of my 'inconvenience' [see it really worked out to be a good thing.]

Emma Sage got to dance and jump in puddles [her favorite activity these days]............and I got to dance around with her, snapping pictures of the moment. You know, dancing in a summer rainstorm really is a great experience, you forget how delicious a summer rainstorm is when you get older and I was so glad this little girl brought me back to my own childhood.

We headed to Musikfest for the evening and this little girl was just grinning from ear-to-ear.

Watching others react to Emma Sage is such an interesting thing to do.........most people look at her, and then do a double take, and because this little girl just radiates happiness, they end up returning the smile and saying 'hello'.

We danced to a great Caribbean band called JAMBULAY and Emma Sage was just so cute............she twirled, and wiggled and giggled and jumped and sang along. She had everyone near us clapping and celebrating right along with her.

We ate some really great food ~ crab cakes, funnel cakes, strawberry/citrus smoothies and 'ice keem'..............I had to skip on the beer tents because of the ride home, but soon I'll get to go to Musikfest as a passenger and not a designated driver!

Then we settled in to listen to and sing-along with the Saw Doctors an Irish Rock band from County Galway................being Irish does not make me biased [well maybe a little] to the reason I love this band. They are wonderful and we spent the rest of our evening celebrating the precious present with some great music.

So, August 8, 2005 was such a grand day with Miss Emma Sage. I think I have found the key to happiness, by watching and being with such a tiny sage...........You have to celebrate with what you have [and adapt to those life moments when things just don't seem to be going your way] and live in the precious present.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Definately a red light my dear kindred spirit. Thanks for capturing the essense of what our journey here on earth is about!