Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Ironic..........from www.downsyn.com

Professor Jerome Lejeune, Nobel Prize Winner, Discoverer of the gene for Down syndrome
"Many years ago, my father was a Jewish physician in Braunau, Austria. On a particular day, two babies had been delivered by one of his colleagues. One was a fine, healthy boy with a strong cry. His parents were extremely proud and happy. The other was a little girl, but her parents were extremely sad, for she was a mongoloid [Down syndrome] baby. I followed them both for almost fifty years. The girl grew up, living at home, and was finally destined to be the one who nursed her mother through a very long and lingering illness after a stroke. I do not remember her name. I do, however, remember the boy's name. He died in a bunker in Berlin. His name was Adolf Hitler."


Upon my quest to try and find out more on Dr. Jerome Leguene and his contrabutions to the understanding of Trisomy 21 I came across this quote on a website titled 'Down syndrome' . As the site titled its page 'ironic'.....I believe it is quite ironic.

No comments: